Simpson United Methodist Church, (in Pullman WA) and the Wesley Foundation are looking for an Assistant to support the day to day operations of these two organizations. This position is 5 days a week working a total of 30 hours each week. The successful candidate must be able to work independently as well as part of a group. Computer (i.e. Excel, Word, PowerPoint & Publisher) and social media skills are imperative to the success of this candidate. The successful candidate will have good people skills (which includes situational discernment), must have a positive attitude, be professional and have good organization skills.
Application review begins May 28th and remains open until the position is filled.
The successful candidate would begin employment June 24th.
Starting pay would be $15.00 per hour for the first 90 days with an increase to $16.00 per hour upon completion of the first 90 days.
All applicants shall be subject to a background check.
Any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Assistant to the Pastor at Simpson United Methodist Church/Assistant to the Director of the Wesley Foundation, WSU Job Description
The Assistant to the Pastor at Simpson United Methodist Church (approximately 80 hours/month):
The Assistant to the Pastor shall:
- Provide support and assistance to the Pastor to fulfill the mission of Simpson United Methodist Church
Reception (Recep); includes all tasks associated with being a receptionist to include such items as answering the phone, answering e-mails, distributing/processing mail and greeting visitors. The successful candidate should be able to positively represent SUMC in all these interactions.
Admin; all tasks that would typically fall under the purview of “administrative maintenance,” such as filing and report writing. The successful candidate should be proficient at using Excel/Word to complete these duties.
- Create weekly newsletters/bulletins,
assisting with promotional activities and creating promotional materials to keep
the congregation and other supporters informed of SUMC happenings. There are two main parts to this (listed
below) and the successful candidate should be able to create all the materials
in a timely matter with little or no assistance.
- Media; refers to all tasks associated to the creation of our Simpson Weekly. These tasks include but aren’t limited to gathering appropriate art, articles, and creation of a “Publisher File,” as well as the final distribution at the end of the week.
- Worship; includes all tasking that supports the maintenance of our weekly worship program which includes music folder prep, creating the worship PowerPoint, creating the worship bulletin and script, and any other tasks that might be uniquely assigned by the pastor. This also includes a weekly worship meeting typically held on Monday.
- Maintain the SUMC website and social media sites (i.e. Facebook/Instagram/Twitter). The successful candidate should have the knowledge/skills to update these pages with little or no assistance.
- Collaborate and communicate with the local churches and with the Pacific Northwest Conference as needed.
- Be able to work independently to make sure the work each week is completed with little supervision.
- Other duties as they arise
The Assistant to the Director of The Wesley Foundation, WSU (approximately 40 hours/month):
The Assistant to the Director shall:
- Provide support and assistance to the Director to fulfill the mission of the WF
- Work with WF director and board to fundraise and maintain finances (collecting receipts) for this ministry
- Create quarterly newsletters, assisting with promotional activities on campus and creating promotional materials to keep alumni and other supporters informed of WF happenings
- Maintain the WF website and social media sites (i.e. Facebook/Instagram/Twitter).
- Connect local United Methodist Churches with the ministry of the WF
- Connect with churches within the Pacific Northwest Conference in order to create a list of UM students attending WSU
- Will organize, procuring needed supplies and prepping for the Wednesday night dinner (during the WSU academic year).